I cannot stress the importance of a healthy lifestyle enough. It is crucial to make health food and health products a part of your everyday life. Exercising at least three times a week is also essential since it has multiple health benefits such as reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol. For a short-term solution to chronic tiredness, I have compiled five ways to improve your vitality.
1. Ginseng: Ginseng is a slow-growing perennial plant with fleshy roots. This herb has been used by the Chinese for centuries as an energy tonic and many studies have shown that ginseng is able to reduce fatigue, increase memory and even fight off colds and flu! It also improves mental clarity, alertness and stamina. It is available in liquid or capsule form.
2. Guarana: Guarana is a woody, climbing shrub of the soapberry family. The seed of this berry contains guaranine (a chemical substance with the same characteristics as caffeine), which quickens your perception and helps with endurance-based activities. Guarana is an effective energy booster that is available in powder-, tonic-, tablet- and capsule form.
3. Magnesium: This mineral breaks down glucose into energy; so when the levels of magnesium in your body are low your energy levels can drop substantially. It also helps to regulate normal blood pressure- and blood sugar levels. Thus, if you want to boost your energy, increase your magnesium intake. You can buy it in powder-, tablet- or capsule form.
4. Spirulina: Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that contains chlorophyll. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and protein. It improves your immune system and is packed with antioxidants to help your body fight against the onslaught of free radicals. This type of algae (available in powder-, capsule- or tablet form) is ideal for people who require a long term energy boosting solution.
5. Multivitamins: We all know that a multivitamin has various health benefits and improves overall well-being. Most of us don’t get all the necessary nutrients daily due to unhealthy eating, stress, smoking and so forth. Taking a multivitamin can assist in your daily nutritional needs, especially time-release tablets. Your body can only absorb a certain amount of vitamins/minerals at a certain time and tablets that release these compounds over a longer period allow your body to absorb more nutrients at a steady pace. Studies have shown that it improves energy, combats stress and reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Next time you stroll by a health shop, stop, and go have a look at all the wonderful health foods and health products that they have to offer. You will be surprised at the sheer variety and value of the products on the market today. When you make the decision to start a healthy lifestyle and combat fatigue the benefits will astound you. Feeling tired and sluggish doesn’t have to be a part of your life anymore, vivaciousness and invigoration awaits you. Include health products in your life. Next time you feel that afternoon slump creeping up on you, you know what to do!